Bikeetching

Bikeetching

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 44 Laramie to Saratoga

Day total 78
Trip total 2,443

Did I say that yesterday was are greatest ascent? Scratch that today was; 7,000 to 10,800. Not only is that our largest climb of the trip, it is the most elevation I have ever experienced period.  The view from the top was worth the climb, and what a climb it was. The descent was the closest I have ever felt to flying, coasting down the yellow and purple alpine flowers became a blur and it was all I could do to focus on the road in front of me, "pulse my breaks" (Nik says this wears them out less) and breath.

What also made it worth the journey is the fact that Saratoga Wyoming has FREE HOT SPRINGS.  Along time ago this guy from Saratoga left it in his will that the Hot Springs would be "Hobo hot springs" and always be free. Tonight as we soaked in the mineral tubs, cooked our dinner on near by picnic table and washed our dishes in the public bathroom we could not help being appreciative of this deceased  man's vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment