Bikeetching

Bikeetching

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 41 Denver to Boulder

Day total 65
Trip total 2,247

After a breakfast of champions, eggs and spinach for me, peanutbutter and Captain  Crunch for Nik, and saying goodbye to my family, we are on the road again.

When anticipating this trip I always expected that the initial mounting back on my bicycle after a break (Denver was our longest break thus far 3 rest days), I would dread it. Much to the contrary however, after a few days off the saddle I find myself craving it. I love movement. A few days without it I get restless.

So today as we road from Denver (by far the most bike friendly city we have visited so far) to Boulder (which Outside magazine has named the number one best city for outdoor enthusiasts) it felt great to be on my bike again. We were able to get from Denver to Boulder almost completely on bike lanes. There a bike lane that parallel the freeway from Denver to Boulder.  Aside from the Katy Trail we have never encounter so many bike trails. Yes, we are think (over craft beers) what out lives would look like if we lived in this playground for people that like to be outside all the time. "Those crazy hippies."


No comments:

Post a Comment