Bikeetching

Bikeetching

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 30 St.Louis to Katy Trail

Day total 60
Trip total 1758

For the two seconds before I fall asleep each night I have been reading "Life is a Wheel" by Bruce Weber (nyt obituarest).

He articulates better than I ever could how good it feels to start the Katy Trail today (the Katy Trail is the longest continuous bike trail in the United states and stretches across the entire of Missouri, we will be on it for the next 180 miles).

"Cyclists revere bike trails. We don't get to many signs from the world that we have a place in it,  and bike trails, those routes on which you can get from one place to another without the interference of motor traffic, well they tell us we belong on the great transportation grid that caters to the natural restlessness of humankind."
-Bruce Webber (my traveling companion)

Now, the random baseball field where we are camping tonight that has a low in come housing situation going to atop the concession stand and bathrooms might make me feel other things, but this bike trail makes me feel like I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment