Bikeetching

Bikeetching

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Day 24: Takaka

Today was a good lazy day.  After breakfast, Molly and Sarah went for a walk around town and down to the local beach.  I bummed around a bit, hit up the grocery store for dinner things, and tried to catch up on blogging (unsuccessfully, as I was still a week behind).
I couldn't resist this photo, though.  She's pretty adorable, no?

I went for a nice long run to get to know the area and use a bit of energy.  I discovered an area of Karst limestone that is called "The Labyrinth".  The cracks there run roughly at 90 degree angles, and form a simple maze.

Also, this area has been switching from sheep ranching to dairy for the last few years, so you are just as likely to see black and white dairy cows as sheep.  This is a shame, as sheep smell quite a bit better than dairy cows, and to be honest, are pretty adorable, too.
See?

After the run, dinner. There are a few other Americans and a few Canadians at Kiwiana currently.  They may not still be around come Thanksgiving, but if they are in the area, we are starting to scheme an epic Thanksgiving feast.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys! I just wanted to check in to say hello and that I'm glad you made it to NZ. We've been enjoying keeping up to date with your adventures. I hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, however you end up celebrating! Best wishes from Boston. R & E

    ReplyDelete