Bikeetching

Bikeetching

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 15: Portland

Our last day in Portland, and in the States for a while, too.  We woke up and had another great breakfast with my parents, which involves quite a few pots of coffee, which seems appropriate for Portland's overcast skies.   We then drove back up to the Pittock Mansion to show my parents the views, and took a little more time walking the grounds.  Hence the amazing Japanese Maple above, and the cool moss growing on it below.
We also stopped at Voodoo Donuts.  Again, because of its popularity, and perhaps the cynicism bred in me from living in New York and Boston, I was worried that it would be overpriced and only marginally okay fried food products.  Again, I was pleasantly surprised.  Donuts from $.75 to $4?  A really good old fashioned style donut (my favorite!)?  Not a long line if you don't go on a weekend?

You win again, Portland.  You win again.

After dropping my parents off at the airport, we wandered Mt. Tabor Park, and some parts of east Portland, before going ourselves to the airport, dropping off the rental car, and getting on a series of long flights, with the goal of reaching the Southern Hemisphere.



No comments:

Post a Comment